Two-factor authentication is a feature that increases security when accessing the sciebo web interface. When logging in, you must enter a 6-digit number in addition to the sciebo password, which you receive anew for each login via a 2-factor app.
- Before you can activate 2-factor authentication in sciebo, you need to download a 2-factor app for your mobile device (e.g. FreeOTP, Google Authenticator).
- Then log in to the sciebo web interface.
- Click on "Settings" and there on "Security".
- Check the box to activate 2-factor authentication.
- A QR code will be displayed. Scan the code with your 2-factor app. (Alternatively, you can enter the displayed numerical code manually).
- Now enter the latest sequence of digits from the 2-factor app in the field provided and click on "Check".
- If "Verified" is displayed, the function is activated. (If you enter the code too slowly or confirm too late, you must repeat this step with the next sequence of digits).
- If you want to use different mobile devices for 2-factor authentication, scan the QR code directly with all devices as it will not be displayed later for security reasons.
- If you want to delete the 2-factor app from your mobile device, you must first deactivate 2-factor authentication in sciebo. Otherwise you will no longer have access to the sciebo web interface.